Knowledge Translation in Canada - Today and Tomorrow
About the Webcast
Dr. Sharon Straus, director of the Knowledge Translation Program of St. Michael’s Hospital and of Geriatric Medicine at the University of Toronto, discusses the current status of KT activities in Canada, with a focus on the KT Canada Network and the KT program at St. Michael’s, and describes innovative KT ideas that are under development.
View the Archive
- This webcast originally aired on January 11, 2018.
View the archive at: https://youtu.be/W32F_cdCWLc
Tips for Optimal Viewing on YouTube
- To increase volume, turn up the volume on your computer and use the volume bar on bottom left side of the YouTube video window.
- Captioning is available by selecting the "CC" option on the bottom right side of the video window. Click on "Options" to change the font, size, and color of the captions.
- Additional tools on the bottom right side: "Settings" increase the video quality; "Theater mode" (default)/"Full screen."
- Presentation materials:
- Evaluation: Please fill out the brief evaluation after viewing the webcast. (NOTE: There are no pre-approved CRC-CEUs for this webcast.)
About the Presenter
Sharon E. Straus, MD, FRCPC, MS, is a geriatrician and clinical epidemiologist who trained at the University of Toronto and the University of Oxford. She is the Director of the Knowledge Translation Program and Deputy Physician-in-Chief, St. Michael’s Hospital; Director, Division of Geriatric Medicine, University of Toronto; Vice Chair, and Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto. She holds a Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Knowledge Translation and Quality of Care and has authored more than 400 publications and 3 textbooks in evidence-based medicine, knowledge translation and mentorship. She is in the top 1% of highly cited clinical researchers as per Web of Science. She holds more than $57 million in peer reviewed research grants as a principal investigator. She has received national awards for mentorship, research and education.
- Last Updated:
- Thursday, 02 July 2020 at 11:12 AM CST