KTDRR and Campbell Collaboration Research Evidence Training:
Overview of Systematic Review and Research Synthesis
About the Webcast
The KTDRR Center and the international Campbell Collaboration are working together to offer a five-part training course that focuses on high-quality methods for synthesis of evidence, including the procedures and methods for conducting systematic reviews/research syntheses (SR/RS) as well as software, tools, and strategies for analyzing and reporting data. The training materials are developed by representatives of the Campbell Collaboration. Online resources from various national and international organizations will be provided for each session.
The first session, an Overview of Systematic Review and Research Synthesis, describes the benefits of evidence from SR, different types of reviews and differences between SR and RS, introduces organizations supporting and conducting SR/RS, and ends with the basic steps in SR/RS.
View the Archive
This webcast originally aired on February 20, 2019. The archive is available on YouTube at this link: https://youtu.be/sVp9yLDizUU.
Tips for Optimal Viewing on YouTube:
- To increase volume, turn up the volume on your computer and use the volume bar on bottom left side of the YouTube video window.
- Captioning is available by selecting the "CC" option on the bottom right side of the video window. Click on "Options" to change the font, size, and color of the captions.
- Additional tools on the bottom right side: "Settings" increase the video quality; "Theater mode" (default)/"Full screen."
- Presentation materials:
- Download a 508-compliant PDF copy of the slides used during the session: webcast65-022019-508.pdf
- Transcript of the video (MS Word™ DOC – 390kb)
- Evaluation: Please fill out the brief evaluation after viewing the webcast. (NOTE: There are no pre-approved CRC-CEUs for this webcast.)
About the Presenter
Terri Pigott, PhD, is Associate Provost for Research and Professor of Research Methodology at Loyola University Chicago. Pigott received her B.A. in Psychology from the University of Notre Dame and her Ph.D. in Measurement, Evaluation and Statistical Analysis from the University of Chicago. Pigott is formerly Dean of the School of Education at Loyola University Chicago.
She is currently the Senior Methods editor of the Campbell Collaboration Editorial Board and a co-editor of the Campbell Collaboration Methods Group. Dr. Pigott received the Frederick Mosteller Award for Distinctive Contributions to Systematic Reviewing from the Campbell Collaboration in 2016 and is an author on six completed Campbell reviews. She has served on a number of editorial boards including Psychological Bulletin, Psychological Methods, the Journal of Research on Educational Effectiveness, Review of Educational Research and Research Synthesis Methods. She is the founding chair of the American Educational Research Association Special Interest Group on Systematic Review and Meta-analysis, and a member of the Society for Research Synthesis Methodology (SRSM). She is co-editor, along with Ann Marie Ryan, of the 2019 and 2021 volumes of Review of Research in Education.
- Last Updated: